Thursday, June 09, 2005

Charcoal Painting Class

Drawing... must be one of my favorite past times when I was a lot younger =). I started drawing cartoons... then I tried drawing portraits.... but i never really learned to draw... that's why they look that way (that way you know.... i don't have to mention it ayt?... argg.. ok.. horrendous. happy now? =P). So when I saw the charcoal painting class i immediately signed up.

The class was held by the same person who taught the acrylic painting class which i've attended a few weeks ago (i'm desperately trying to be a student again hehe =P jks). For two days, we were taught the basic drawings (very similar to the one in acrylic painting class) such as circles, squares, triangles... (you do know them ayt? =P). Moving on to how artists should look at objects, by breaking them into basic shapes in order to easily draw them and finally to using charcoal as a medium of drawing. :)

For those two nights I got to meet some new people, the course was fun too ! Regarding my drawings you say? umm my toy car kinda looked like "kariton" after drawing =P jks. ill try uploading them sometime :) but for now just imaging a toy car turn into "Kariton" =P

P.S. "Kariton" is cart in english :)

No comments: