Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hustle while you wait

A few weeks back i've finally finished reading Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" (known the book since high school but never read it =P). One of the topics discussed in the book was the gift of being a single...

Any season of singleness is a gift, it is a special time to prepare us for the next season of our life =) During this time we have an extra time to learn things, we have freedom to serve the Lord, and so on and so forth.

Josh used the phrase "hustle while you wait", it means to do something while you are waiting. Quoting from the book, "While we do not know the next step in our romantic relationships, we still have work to do. We have bad habits to get rid of, good habits to develop and character to build. let's hustle !"

Yes, yes let's hustle and so i've decided to do the following:
  1. Improve my relationship with the Lord =)
  2. Improve my character.
    Confidence is a word not found in my dictionary... i wonder why? and that's probably something I should keep working on =)
  3. Practice some practical skills...
    like COOKING !! it seems the only thing I know when it comes to food is eating =P (well I do know how to cook instant noodles, if that even counts for cooking =P)
  4. Of course the list goes on..... but i'll stop here =)

As of this writing.... this has been the Nth revision i've made. I dunno what's with me today, I started on trying to write a post regarding the "gift of being a single" and as I write ... and write... and write... I ended up with hustle while you wait... maybe this subject suits me more =).

BTW i've also watched "The 40 yr old virgin" today, not that great but worth a look if you've got nothing else to watch =D

No comments: